In this class, instructor Grace Errea of Amazing Quilts by Grace will show you how to add spark and a professional finish to your quilts with three-dimensional flanges and perfect bindings. A “Bording” is a perfect binding but it is wider – 1” wide – so that it doubles as a Border as well as a binding.
We'll cover how to do perfect three-dimensional flanges and “Bordings” with step-by-step demos. Working on practice pieces will allow you to achieve perfection and stunning results with this edging.
You will learn how to:
1) prepare the quilt for the edge finish
2) prepare and apply the 3-d flange and a double 3-d flange
3) prepare and apply the “BORDING”
4) join the tails correctly to finish the “BORDING”
5) finishing binding techniques for a show quality quilts
$40 instruction fee
$30 kit includes all necessary fabrics for the class including batting and backing.
Recommended, but not required: your own sewing machine with a 1/4" machine sewing foot, neutral thread; 24" ruler; fabric scissors; rotary cutter and mat. If you don't have or don't want to carry these along it's okay, we'll have them to share.
Total for this class: $70.
Includes weekend pass to LA Quilt Show.